We have put together a series of useful handouts that will help you plan your wedding from getting engaged to a list of things you may not have considered to do after the wedding.
Wedding Traditions for Brides
Below we have put together a few tips for you to help with planning your wedding. In today’s post, we have a few suggestions for bride traditions when getting married. Something old, new, borrowed and blue.
The rhyme is supposed to bring good luck to a bride on their wedding day if they carry these items on them during the day.
These are all based on marriage in the UK as a lot of other resources reference US customs and traditions.
- A souvenir from your first date, tucked into your bouquet.
- Lace from your grandmother’s dress sewn into the hem of yours.
- Antique ribbons to adore your garter.
- Your dress.
- A gift from your groom (earrings, a necklace).
- A brooch you plan to pass down to your children as a keepsake.
- A bracelet from your best friend.
- A handkerchief from your dad (used as a bouquet wrap).
- Your mother’s peral or diamond studs.
- Satin slippers to dance in.
- Your married initials embroidered inside the gown.
- Forget-me-nots tucked into your bouquet.