Plymouth Approved Wedding Photographers
In 2018 we decided that we were going to apply for Plymouth’s Buy with Confidence scheme which is backed by Trading Standards. The scheme is aimed to help give the public the assurance that any business listed on their directory has fulfilled the requirements and passed the vetting and monitoring imposed on them.
This scheme helps steer people away from the rogue and fraudsters that give legitimate businesses a bad name.
This is the only scheme that is backed by Trading Standards and operates as a not for profit department within Local Authorities. Unlike Check-a-trade or other sites that offer a similar accreditation.
I decided to join the scheme to get the recognition that our contracts and terms of business are fair to the consumer and comply with trading standards. We are very open and honest with our customers and wanted some recognition that we are doing things well. Belonging to a scheme like this shows that we are professional wedding photographers.
We learnt a few things during the vetting process that were interesting to know about what you can’t put in your contract or would be unfair for the customer.
For example, If you pay a wedding photographer a deposit and you cancel the wedding photography, you are entitled to a refund. Even tho it’s written in the contract that it’s non-refundable Trading Standards have a different opinion.
This opinion was very interesting, and it goes on to say that if you can justify some of the time spent on the preparation of the wedding, you would be entitled to keep some of it.
There is also a 14-day cooling-off period that should be offered to customers if they come to your home. If you were approached by the business somewhere away from the business’s premises and the service costs £42 or more you are entitled to this.
Here are some of the reasons we joined:
- Buy With Confidence is not just a feedback scheme – it’s about Trading Standards administered vetting and monitoring scheme, to help assure the public that any business on the list is there because they deserve to be.
- Reassure customers that you’re trustworthy & provide good customer service
Get a Trading Standards checkup before admission to ensure you’re legally compliant*
- Set yourself apart from competitors – only those good enough to pass our vetting get onto the scheme
- Get information about changes to the law that could affect your business
- Online directory for customers to be able to find our services.
Planning Your Wedding?
We want to hear from you about what you have planned and what moments we can capture for you.